Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pranayama - A must for every individual.


In year 2001-2002, I was suffering from severe back pain and indigestion. I consulted many doctors and few gave medicines which solved my back pain but aggravated my stomach problem which led to severe acidity and indigetion. Fed up of my problem I started looking for Ayurvedic doctor and someone from our family ask me to consult a lady ayurvedic doctor who offered free service in one of the temple in Ahmedabad.

I made up my mind and went there and she checked my nadi (Right hand viens) and immediately diagnosed that I was suffering from stress and I need more of relaxation of mind and meditation. For a moment I though, Is she joking?? What has stress to do with my back and stomach?

 I thought why not give a try to her advice anyways I had spent enough on doctors. She asked me to go through simple Pranayama as demonstrated by Baba Ramdev in one of his CD’s which was available at cost in the temple itself.

For the first time I was going to watch a Baba teaching me how to do Pranayama which meant great courage for me as I am not a believer in any kind of man personified figure. On watching the videos and few Pranayama, my inner voice agreed to give it a try.
Pranayama in a layman term is basically breathing technique which helps in having healthy body and mind. I was stunned by it's result within 7 days of practicing few. It was simple breathing techniques but gave great results.

I never thought that just few inhaling exhaling exercise would play such a vital role on my health. I started of with following Pranayama like Bhrastika, Kapal bhati, Anulom Vilom, Bharamari which did wonders and after doing Pranayama it made my body and mind relaxed to a great extend.

 My back ache and stomach problem vanished. There are few extended yoga asanas which he teaches can be followed but for me the Pranayama works well and I do it every morning for 30 minutes. There are few do's and don't which need to follow.
I will be posting few Pranayama which I practice in detail very soon…. Till then you can watch few you tube video of Baba Ramdev teaching Pranayama.

Note: You can ignore Baba Ramdev's regular act of winking. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kishore,
    This is really good that you have shared your experience. It is required as today's youth do not look or think about any such activities. It is true that Pranayam has vanished your physical pain but what about mental pain(stress) who is a creator of such pain? I think following our passion for any activitiy will remove even mental pain. Keep doing photography...

    ReplyDelete